Design trials – aka Valentine dream topJanuary 29, 2006
I have to admit this isn’t what my “dream project” was suppose to be, it kind of morphed into this as I was working on it. The original was a tank top, but I decided would be too cold for this time of year. This was originally 2 inches wider, but I ripped it all out and took it in as I thought I would be too wide…boy was I wrong. I think I would have been right the first time. The top on Sierra is too small, but the arms are the right length. I am very happy with how I got the arms to fit on the top and I think I will use this method for other tops that I design in crochet as it seems to work for me.
I tried the top on Madeleine and it fits perfect around, but the arms are too long. The arms are worked from the bottom up, so I would have to take the arms off and then rip them, which would be a little bit of work, but not impossible to do. The heart motif kind of lost its shape on the top after I sewed it down.
As much as this seems like a flop, it actually is a success as I got the arms on and I like how they look and I got the basic design down. Really, I would have to make several versions again if I wanted to make this into a pattern. (I am not a one shot gal like some of you guys!)